Featured in our 2018 Growing Strong Calendar.
SAVE when you order the guide and DVD together!
To prevent and resolve common behavior problems in young children, early childhood teachers need a full understanding of what's behind the behaviors and strategies that really work. This complete professional development package gives pre- and in-service educators the practical help they've been waiting for. Taking a "big picture" approach to this critical topic, this book-and-CD set illuminates the diverse influences on challenging behavior—including temperament, preferences, home life, and peer relationships—and arms teachers with the tools they need to create powerful solutions.
Building on up-to-date research and their experience in early childhood education, the expert authors show teachers how to improve behavior by
- ensuring a safe classroom environment where all children feel welcome
- designing physical spaces that support learning and positive interactions
- using a developmentally appropriate curriculum that also meets individual student needs
- implementing daily routines and activities that keep children engaged
- changing negative perceptions of children through knowledge of temperament differences
- responding consistently and constructively to behavior challenges
- using verbal and nonverbal communication to strengthen bonds with children
- improving interactions with families and other professionals
Going beyond "one size fits all" strategies, this resource empowers teachers to assess their students' specific needs and choose the solutions that will work best. Educators will get more than 60 tools and worksheets—filled-in samples in the book and blank printable versions on the CD-ROM—that help them analyze their current practices, collect information about the child's behavior and temperament, build stronger relationships with parents, and much more.
With this hands-on guide to classroom harmony, teachers will provide positive, customized behavior support to young children with and without disabilities—and ensure that all students stay safe, engaged, and ready to learn.
A featured book in our Better Behavior Kit!
See how this product helps strengthen Head Start program quality and school readiness.